What To Bring To Arms Acres
Please bring only items identified on the list below. All other property will be placed in storage until you are discharged. Laundry facilities are available for your use.
Upon Admission, All Clients are Expected to Bring:
- Up to $40 in Cash, Traveler’s Checks or Money Orders for Incidentals (vending machines),
- No personal checks,
- Insurance Card and Claim Form (if required),
- Photo Identification,
- Social Security Card,
- Prescription Card,
- MMTP Card (if applicable).
- 4 Shirts / Blouses (no inappropriate language / logos),
- 4 Pairs Jeans/Pants/Skirts in Combination,
- 4 Changes Underwear,
- Bras (females),
- 4 Pairs Socks,
- 1 Pair Pajamas,
- 1 Robe,
- 1 Pair Slippers,
- 1 Sweater / Sweat Shirt,
- 1 Outerwear Set (coat/jacket, gloves, outdoor hat, boots, Winter only),
- 1 Pair Comfortable Walking Shoes.
- 1 Pair Sneakers,
- 1 Pairs Shorts,
- 1 Sweat Suit,
- 1 Swim Suit (one piece for women, trunks for men),
- 1 Pair Flip Flops (for pool area only).
- 1 Container Shampoo (sealed/unopened),
- 1 Non-Aerosol Deodorant (sealed/unopened),
- Brush/ Comb,
- Blow Dryer,
- Face and Body Soap (sealed/unopened),
- Notebook, Stationary, Stamps, Pens,
- Appropriate Books, Novels, Puzzle Books (no pornographic materials),
- Recovery Literature,
- Pre-Paid Phone Cards,
- Electric Razor (disposable razors provided by facility),
- School Books/ Homework Assignments,
- Family Photos,
- Toothbrush / Toothpaste,
- Unopened Makeup.
- Written List of Medications or Empty Pill Bottles,
- Prescription Medications in Original Containers,
- MMTP Info (if applicable),
- COVID Vaccine Card (if applicable),
You may use your cell phone up through the time of your arrival at the facility. Its use is not permitted during your treatment stay and we will safely store it while you are with us and return it when you leave. Taking pictures is prohibited (electronic or otherwise).
All OASAS regulated health care facilities are tobacco-free. Please do not bring cigarettes, other tobacco, matches, or lighters.
All bags, purses, and suitcases will be searched and stored. Packages dropped off for patients will be searched. We utilize a K-9 Unit for ground and facility searches. All tobacco & nicotine related products will be confiscated and destroyed. Patients are not permitted to wear their own personal masks, surgical masks will be provided by the agency.
Things To Leave At Home
- Mesh or See-Through Clothing
- Low Cut/Tight-Fitting Clothes
- Pants, Jeans or Skirts with Holes or Patches
- Uniforms or Scrub Suits
- Graphic T-Shirts Depicting Alcohol, Drugs, Sex, Violence
- Games, Cards, Posters, Sexually Explicit Pictures, Dice, Etc.
- Alcohol Containing Items (Perfume, Mouthwash, Cologne, Aftershave, Hand Sanitizer)
- Pillows, Blankets, Quilts, Stuffed Animals, Afghans
- Anything That Could Be Used As a Weapon Will Be Confiscated and Destroyed
- Electronic or Music Equipment (Beepers, smart watches, computers, tablets, all other electronic devices)
- Any Opened Container (including toiletries and opened makeup)
- Sharp Objects (Scissors, Knives, Knitting Needles, Electric Hair Clippers, Nail Files. Emory Boards Will Be Provided By the Facility.)
- Over-The-Counter Medications, Including Vitamins, Ointment, Protein Powder or Personal Latex Gloves
- Q-Tips, Cotton Balls
- White or Loose Powder
- Shoe Polish
- Lighter Fluid
- Aerosol Cans
- Unopened Contact Lens Solution
- Any Brand of Bar Soap (provided by facility)
- Food, Candy, Gum, or Drinks of Any Kind Will Be Confiscated
- Weapons of any kind
- Bath Salts
- Sewing Kits
- TikTok/Peach Lyft Leggings
- Laundry Detergent (facility provides)